Saturday, January 31, 2009

Family: Octuplets' mother has 6 other children

Stories like this REALLY bother me.

In general, fertility treatments bother me when there are so many children in need of a good home. However, I do realize that for some reason people want to have a child with the same genetics as they have. For someone who wants to have 1 or 2 children, I suppose it is somewhat acceptable, but why on earth should someone that already has 6 children be eligible for that type of procedure?

This story bothers me on many levels -- there is no mention of a husband and the woman lives with her parents. Now, I have no problem with single women having children, so I am not saying it in that sense, just pointing out that this woman is living with her PARENTS, not on her own or with a husband or SO of some sort. Why on earth would someone in that situation need more children?

I can't imagine what type of woman -- single or not would want even 6 children, let along 14. Frankly, I believe this woman must have some sort of mental illness. You know, like those people that horde pets -- only she hordes babies and children.

I personally believe that there needs to be restrictions put on who can have this type of treatment and that someone that already has SIX children should not be eligible. Is that mean of me? I don't think so.

Family: Octuplets' mother has 6 other children - Yahoo! News

No comments: