Monday, July 25, 2011

Where's My Red??!!!

I am distressed, mad, annoyed, slightly baffled and a bit confused. I colored my hair about three weeks ago: Clairol Tone on Tone super red. Loved the color. It was great. My hair looked really good, soft, shiny, and that red -- bright, happy, red all right. Yes, I have to say, too cool. So I have the color, feeling good, go swimming in the motel pool, and it was still red for a day or two but suddenly, the color is gone! Just, gone. My hair isn't some weird greenish-blonde color (thankfully, that happened to me once, it was bizarre) it's just a dull kind of brown, with a bit of red highlights. What happened? Was it the pool? This never happened to me before. Maybe it just faded but if so, it's a major fade.

I don't know if I should just color my hair again; or wait. I hate this boring brown color, I want my red back! I suppose I could go get it professionally done but I really can't afford it.

3 comments:

LesleyinNM said...

I am pretty sure that the chorine in pools will strip color, especially if it has been recently dyed. I had a friend that had the same thing happen after swimming. Also, if you are using regular shampoo instead of the kind for color treated hair that can also strip the color.

Regan Lee said...

Thanks Lesley, I think it was the pool. Just can't imagine what else it could be. Well, I don't care, I'm throwing caution to the winds and doing it over tomorrow.

I was using the special conditioner that came with the dye; I'm going to go to a beauty supply place this time and get the right shampoo as well. I was just using cheapo drugstore shampoo.

LesleyinNM said...

I had mine done earlier today. The blondish and light red has been replaced with brownish red and no more dark roots! Roots are the bad part of dying hair.