Monday, April 2, 2012

Love = Green Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri


About 7 years ago I invested in some more expensive cookware than the normal cheap Walmart frying pans I had been buying.  I found that this really made a difference, especially the expensive teflon pans didn't chip the way the cheap ones do.  One of my purchases was a 12" Cuisinart Nonstick Hard-Anodized frying pan.  Several months ago the non-stick surface pretty much stopped working.  7 years was a pretty good run and I had thought I would buy another similar pan, but then while browsing pans at Amazon I saw the Green Earth ceramic coated pans and that they had good reviews, so I decided to try one of those instead.

Turns out that I made a great choice!  I am incredibly impressed with this pan.  Not only is the non-stick coating better than any pan I have had before, it also is amazingly easy to clean and I love the color!  I was so impressed I started trying to think of why I needed to replace my 7 year old Emeril brand non-stick pan, which is still in pretty much perfect condition.  The reasons I came up with is that the Emeril pan is teflon and Amazon has the Green Earth pans on sale for less than half of the list price, so I just ordered the 10".

I suppose I may change my mind about these pans being that I have only been using my new one for a week, but I kind of doubt it.  If so, I will let you know.


2 comments:

Regan Lee said...

I've been wanting to try those pans. I only use my cast iron pans but the Green Earth pans seem interesting. Don't trust the Teflon, not healthy and don't last.

LesleyinNM said...

I see that I have now been using these over 4 months and they are still as great and easy to clean as when I first bought them! I am not someone who rarely cooks either, they get used pretty much every day.