Monday, December 8, 2008

Australia and a hottie!



Last week I saw Australia and I have to say that I was slightly disappointed. It certainly wasn't a bad movie, but it also wasn't as great as I had hoped with both Jackman and Kidman starring.

One of the things I didn't like about it was that it is a movie with two great stories -- one of a cattle drive and the other a WWII story. Either of these tales would have made a great movie, but both of them together, one after the other, just didn't feel right to me.

The flaws aside, we have a pretty tasty romance story. And frankly, few things could be better than the half naked Jackman washing himself off out on the trail. I looked for a photo of that on the internet and had no luck.

I will also say the movie could have used some extra gratuitous nakedness and sex especially with two such great looking people in it.

Overall though -- entertaining, slightly sexy and quite a lot of adventure and romance. It is near 4 stars to me, but not quite there.

No comments: