Thursday, September 18, 2008

Tabitha's Salon Make Over, and Rambling About My Hair


I'm not a fan of "reality" shows, in fact, I find them pretty dismal. I do like Project Runway and SuperNanny. And, Tabitha's Salon Make Over on Bravo. I'm not a big hair person; so much, so why I'm fascinated I don't know. But I like her. It's depressing to know there are business owners out there with salons who clearly have their heads in the wrong place. Amazing. One thing that gets me is customer service, or lack of it. Customer walks in, and she's completely ignored, while the person at the desk yaks on the phone, doesn't even acknowledge the person standing there. . . that is a big peeve of mine, whether it's a store or office or what. If you're busy, fine, say so! But don't ignore me! Okay, I feel a rant coming on so I'll stop.

Tabitha isn't a "bitch" she's direct. I wish more people were like that. Clear, direct. If you're trying to be very good at a particular thing, a specific skill, you need to be able to take criticism. Do you want to learn something, or do you want to play tea party? Sheesh. So far, in the episodes I've seen, no matter how obnoxious, inept or stubborn the salon owners are in the beginning, they really turn around by the end, and that's positive.

It's scary going into a hair place; you really take a risk every time. Right now I'm letting my hair grow out; what I'll do with it after that I don't know. I've never known. I just see what happens, lol. As far as color goes, I've been coloring my hair since I was fifteen, so that's forty years. Last time I colored my hair, (same brand I always use, Natural Instincts) it burned my scalp, and some fell out!!!!! Fortunately, it's not so noticeable and it's coming back. But good great goddess! So I haven't colored it since the spring, and I'm getting to know my hair again. Hello, hair! I have some blond highlights going on in there I never knew I had.

One more thing, I found the image shown here on Vintage Hair Archives.

1 comment:

LesleyinNM said...

Natural Instincts burned your head? OMG! I have had some brands do that to me, but I wouldn't imagine natural instincts doing it.

I haven't colored my hair in about a year. I want to, but I seem to never get around to it which is probably just as well.