Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sarah Palin's $150,000 shopping spree

Yep, since Sept she has spent a whopping $150,000 on clothes, hair and make-up.

Now I do realize that she is running for VP and therefore should look good. In most cases, this wouldn't really bother me. After all, it is the Republican party's money to spend and if they want to spend it on that why should I care? After all, it may have saved citizens from having to hear more robo calls, which seems to be the other thing they enjoy spending money on.

No it isn't the money, it is the hypocrisy. You can't claim to be a Joe Six-Pack and then spend more money on clothes in a month than a true Joe Six-Pack would make in a year. You can't call other people "elitist" if you are going to do that. As Keith Olbermann said in his special comment today -- these are the people that were comparing Obama to Paris Hilton?

Hell, I don't even really blame Sarah Palin. If someone were to let me go on a shopping spree like that I would probably go for it too. However, someone in the campaign should have realized that was probably not a good idea and probably would look hypocritical. I am not really complaining since I support Obama, but what kind of fools are running the McCain campaign?

No comments: