Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Red Dress, Yes! Men Want to Bed Dames Who Wear Red


Audrey Hepburn in a red dress from Breakfast at Tiffany's.
(I found the image on a great site dedicated to the actress; it's called Princess Monkey, great name!)


So wear it! The red dress has a reputation for being, well, what it is, for a reason. You floozy you.

According to this article in Every day Science, women who wear red attract the men. I'm really Rosie: Men more amorous towards ladies in red
Men were more eager to bed women wearing red than those decked out in other colors, according to five studies involving 149 men and 32 women published today in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. The men also judged those women as more attractive than those sans red duds.

"I'm not going to let my 16-year-old daughter wear red, let's put it that way," says study author Andrew Elliot, a professor of psychology at the University of Rochester. "I do think a female who's interested in a male and going on a date ought to pull that red shirt out of the closet, because most likely it will make her more attractive to him.
"

I think black is pretty sexy too for both men and women, maybe more me, I'm just guessing. Don't know if any study has been done, though wouldn't be surprised. But I agree, red is a sexy and good color!

Here's a poem by writer and poet Dorothy Parker.


The Red Dress

I always saw, I always said
If I were grown and free,
I'd have a gown of reddest red
As fine as you could see,

To wear out walking, sleek and slow,
Upon a Summer day,
And there'd be one to see me so
And flip the world away.

And he would be a gallant one,
With stars behind his eyes,
And hair like metal in the sun,
And lips too warm for lies.

I always saw us, gay and good,
High honored in the town.
Now I am grown to womanhood....
I have the silly gown.

Dorothy Parker

2 comments:

Penelope said...

Love the blog, but just wanted to let you know that that picture of Audrey Hepburn is from Funny Face, not Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Keep up the fantastic bloggin', girls!

Always,
Penelope ♥

Regan Lee said...

Oops, thank you Penelope!