Friday, July 18, 2008

Vintage Housewife Images

I love vintage advertising, especially ones that have to do with women, housework, families. It's an interesting and fun look into an unreal past. I grew up in the 1950s and '60s; our home sure wasn't like that! We didn't have a flying car, or self cleaning anythings...we did have a turquoise refrigerator though; now that was very fifties. Here are a few images just for fun. Enjoy!

Okay, so this has been my problem. I haven't been dressing correctly for the occasion!

A busy housewife is a happy housewife!

Okay, maybe I should be reading this. . .


I'm happy for her, really.

I'm with you, sister! But Bon Ami isn't our friend; I found out you still have to do the cleaning!

Sorry Penny, you're a little too perky for me!

This housewife looks like she's just barely hanging in there! Any minute now, she's going to flip.

No comments: